California Privacy Notice
Effective January 1, 2020
This California Privacy Notice (“Notice”) is for California residents and supplements our Supplemental Portal Data Policy. It explains how we collect, use, and share your Personal Information and how to exercise your rights under the California Consumer Privacy Act (“CCPA”).
When we say “Personal Information” in this Notice, we mean information that identifies, relates to, describes, is reasonably capable of being associated with, or could reasonably be linked, directly or indirectly, with you. Personal Information does not include information that is aggregated or information that cannot be reasonably linked to you.
I. How we collect, use, and share Personal Information
To provide the Facebook Products, including Portal, (“Products”) we must process information about you, including Personal Information. Subject to the limitations we describe in our Supplemental Portal Data Policy, we may share your Personal Information for business purposes with strict restrictions on how our partners can use and disclose the data we provide, at your direction, or in ways otherwise in accordance with the CCPA. We don’t sell any of your Personal Information, and we never will.
The best way to learn about the kinds of information we collect and how we use it is to review our Data Policy and Supplemental Portal Data Policy. Here is a summary of the CCPA-related categories of Personal Information we may have collected about you over the past 12 months, depending on how you use our Products, as well as how we use it and with whom we may have shared it.
Categories of Personal Information we collect may include:
- Data with special protections, if you choose to provide it;
- Commercial information, if you choose to provide it;
- Photos with faces in them or voice recordings, if you choose to provide it, and if available to you, voice interactions on Portal;
- Internet or other electronic network activity information;
- Audio or visual Information, such as when the Portal camera or microphone are turned on, or environmental data about your Portal;
- Financial information, if you choose to provide it; and
- Information derived from other Personal Information about you, which could include your preferences, interests, and other information used to personalize your experience.
Examples of how Personal Information is used include:
- Providing, personalizing, and improving Portal;
- Improving and developing your experience and our services;
- Communicating with you;
- Marketing to you;
- Promoting safety, integrity, and security; and
- To perform other business purposes.
Parties with whom your information may be shared include:
- People and accounts you share and communicate with such as when you use independent apps, services, or integrations;
- People with whom you share your Portal, or who have physical access to your Portal;
- Vendors and service providers who help us improve our products;
- Law enforcement or other third parties in connection with legal requests; and
- Facebook Companies.
To learn more about how we process information, including other types of Personal Information we collect, return to our Supplemental Portal Data Policy.
II. Sources of Personal Information
We receive Personal Information from the information that you and others provide, your device(s), and from our partners. The categories of sources from which we’ve collected or received Personal Information include:
- You: We collect the content and other information you provide when you use or purchase Portal, such as Portal albums you share with Portal or information you provide when you purchase a Portal from the Portal website. If available to you, we collect your voice interactions when you use “Hey Portal.” We also collect information about how you use Portal, such as the types of content you view or engage with on Portal, the actions you take, the people or accounts you interact with, and the time, frequency, and duration of your activities on Portal.
- Your device(s): When using Portal’s camera or microphone to make a call, we collect technical information about your call, such as volume level, number of bytes received, or frame resolution. Facebook does not listen to, view, or keep the contents of any video or audio calls on your Portal. Please note, however, that “Hey Portal” is available during calls and, if a wake word is detected, may record background conversation or other ambient noise, as described further in the Supplemental Portal Data Policy. We also collect information about Portal's performance and device attributes, including crash reports, system logs and settings, and independent application, service or integration usage.
- Facebook Companies: We may receive information from other Facebook Companies (which include WhatsApp and Oculus) for business purposes that help us provide you with an innovative, relevant, consistent, and safe experience across all Facebook Company Products you use. We also process information about you across the Facebook Companies for these purposes, as permitted by applicable law, and in accordance with their terms and policies.
- Partners: When you choose to use an independent app, service, or integration on Portal, we collect information about your use of the app, service, or integration, including how often and for how long you use it, crash log information when it crashes, and an authorization token, if you log in. Some independent apps, services, or integrations share information with us when you use them on Portal. For example, when you use an independent music integration, they transfer information like song name to us when you play that song on your Portal. To learn about how independent apps, services, or integrations process your information, please refer to their terms and privacy policies.
III. How can you exercise your rights provided under the CCPA?
Under the CCPA, you have the following rights:
- Right to Know: You have the right to request that we disclose to you the Personal Information we collect, use, or disclose, and information about our data practices;
- Right to Request Deletion: You have the right to request that we delete your Personal Information that we have collected from you;
- Right to Non-Discrimination: We will not discriminate against you for exercising any of these rights.
To exercise your “right to know” or your “right to request deletion,” contact us or call us toll-free at 1(877) 702-7955.
Please note that to protect your information and the integrity of our Products, we may need to verify your identity before processing your request. In some cases we may need to collect additional information to verify your identity, such as a government issued ID.
Under the CCPA, you may exercise these rights yourself or you may designate an authorized agent to make these requests on your behalf. We may request that your authorized agent have written permission from you to make requests on your behalf and may need to verify your authorized agent’s identity.
IV. Contact for more information.
If you have additional questions about this Notice or how to exercise your rights under the CCPA, please contact us.